There is no better way to relax than to have a garden, plant any type of plant and take care of them to see them grow. In the case of palm trees, many people want this type of plant to give an aphrodisiac touch to their garden that few manage to have.
There are many types of palm trees to choose from, and it might be a headache to research each of them. However, this time we will recommend Palmera Washingtonia to start a small earthly paradise in your home, and be the envy of all the neighbors. Remember that we have the service of Sale of palm trees where you can choose between several species.
If you are ready, we will explain everything you need to know about this famous palm tree before choosing.
More about Washingtonia
The origin of this palm tree begins in Mexico, exactly in the state of Baja California, near Tijuana, extends to the state of California in the United States and is the plant that you can see most in Los Angeles. In addition, there are two types of this kind of palm tree, which are:
- Washingtonia robusta: It has the trunk thinner than the filifera
- Washingtonia filifera: It has a wider trunk than the robust one
The most striking feature is that it supports winters of up to -5° or -10° depending on the type of palm tree, although they are used to being close to heat, more and a little drought. On the other hand, some of these palm trees reach more than 20 meters, but usually reach up to 10 meters if they are in a crop.
In other words, this is the ideal palm tree for people who are starting their garden, do not want to have to give intensive care to the plants, and want a pleasant environment.
What does a Washingtonia palm tree need?
Because this is a plant from the American continent, we must have certain considerations before choosing the Washingtonia palm tree as our first choice:
- The garden should not be shaded or planted where it can receive direct sun at the beginning of its growth. Then, you can move the palm tree if you wish.
- Don't worry too much about the temperature, unless you live in Siberia and have winters of -40°.
- You should water it 3 times a week depending on the size when it is summer in the first year of your plantation, and then only 7 days during the rest of the year. However, you can stop watering it in the second year.
- You do not need a special fertilizer for this palm tree. It is enough to use regular fertilizer or organic waste.
- If the fan leaves dry out and come down in autumn, there is nothing to worry about. In case you want to make a Height pruning, there is no problem if you remove most of the dried leaves.
The Washington palm tree is a great option for those looking for a cheap and easy to care for palm tree. Although it does not give much shade, it grows very fast and can quickly cover an empty space, if you are looking for sale of Washingtonia palm tree We can help you.
Keep in mind that this palm tree is also quite susceptible to the attack of the red palm weevil, so you have to be careful to keep it away from danger.