Techniques in height pruning
The life of human beings depends on nature, but trees are a crucial part of our ecosystem because they purify the air that pollutants such as CO2, lower the temperature of the environment and offer fruits in many cases. This is why you have to take care of these plants with good techniques in the height pruning so that they grow and stay healthy.
Are you interested? Sit back and relax, because we will talk about the techniques, tools and types of height pruning.
Types of height pruning
Many users do not know this type of pruning, but the reality is that there are very tall trees or plants that must be pruned, and the only way is to hire specialists in this type of pruning. Normally, when someone requests height pruning it is to:
- Improve the aesthetics of your trees or palm trees
- Balance the weight of the tree between its branches
- Clean branches of insects, pests or accumulated dirt from animals
- Avoid interference with some type of power lines, areas where there is human traffic, and buildings.
On the other hand, the previous points are strongly related to the types of pruning that we will explain below:
This is the most common type of pruning because it is advisable to do it annually to keep trees that have already matured in optimal condition, comply with the sanitary regulations of the country of residence or give them a better shape. In the case of maintenance pruning, the following techniques are used:
- Clarification: branches are removed from the canopy so that the trunk and tree can absorb more light, but only enough.
- Polish or shape: Like bonsai, you can find a specific shape for the trees and you can achieve works of art.
- Reduction: if the tree has grown out of control, the crown is cut almost close to the trunk. Because of how strong this technique is, a study should be done to find the best way to do it.